Re: [XBoard-devel] Installer

From: Eric Mullins
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Installer
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:27:04 -0600

h.g. muller wrote:
I have nearly everything running now, and updated the html tutorial.
Only the uninstalling of the fonts is not done yet, but I was not sure
how to do that. There was a commented out routine for this, perhaps
Eric did this.

No. I was unsuccessful with that, unfortunately. I thought I followed the examples correctly, but that routine never compiled. So I commented it out. Heh. At least they install correctly.

If you want to retain the old structure, the definition of these
names at the beginning of the script should be changed back to
those in Eric's version.

There's no need for that. I think I used that structure only because that's the way your .zip file was structured. I did it mostly that way to make sure I got everything. You're right, the location of the install files is mostly irrelevant. So whatever structure works well is fine.

* Are we sure we want the link to the help file in the menu?
On Vista the other help file might be needed. People can reach
the help directly from WinBoard, so I don't see much need for
this link. (The README and FAQ are helpful.)

This seems to be common practice, though I don't really understand why either.