Re: [Adonthell-devel] Rewriting C++ base code

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Rewriting C++ base code
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:19:28 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 24.07.03 um 14:59 Uhr schrieb Alexandre Courbot:

Btw Kai - your OSX changes didn't break the compilation on Linux/i386 (just
succeeded compilation & testing)

I made sure they didn't :). However, over the weekend I'll have no (working) Linux box around, so excuse me if I should commit code that might be broken on other targets.

Although, I am not sure whether I get far enough to commit anything else. I managed to add the OS X specific initialization routines, but there are problems with them. Biggest problem right now is that OS X gui code has it's own main loop. That means, when I call my osx init method, it never returns ;). That's probably the reason why this code isn't included in the SDL Video code itself. But I'll see what can be done about it. At least both inputtest and inputtest.py run to the point where Finder displays their menu bar, so loading our shared modules finally works like a charm! :)

More on topic: welcome aboard, Fabien. You really know you're way round C++! I learned quite a bit from your first two mails :). Great! Oh, and if you're not interested in any of those 'jobs' I suggested to you earlier, feel free to pick something else. There's plenty of stuff to do.

But if you're into code improvements, feel free to have a look at dlgedit in the 0.3 branch. That's about the only thing we'll take 1:1 from there, and it probably could use a little refresh.