Re: [Adonthell-devel] Rewriting C++ base code

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Rewriting C++ base code
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:41:24 +0200

Fabien: Ok, I've included your patch. To my defense, drawing_area is very old
code (more than 3 years)! :p

One note: we try to avoid using std as much as possible. We had some bad
surprises in 0.3 because of it. Of course, now that we aren't using the
namespace the methods are defined in anymore, it's safer to do so. But when
for only a few access to stuff defined in std, we prefer to use full
qualification.

> Although, I am not sure whether I get far enough to commit anything
> else. I managed to add the OS X specific initialization routines, but
> there are problems with them. Biggest problem right now is that OS X
> gui code has it's own main loop. That means, when I call my osx init
> method, it never returns ;). That's probably the reason why this code
> isn't included in the SDL Video code itself.
> But I'll see what can be done about it. At least both inputtest and
> inputtest.py run to the point where Finder displays their menu bar, so

Do you mean that the current CVS version works on OSX? I cannot find your OSX
initalization code, just some references to a function named osxinit()
enclosed into a #ifdef.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org