Re: [Adonthell-devel] How to generate translation files?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] How to generate translation files?
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 19:28:54 +0100

Am Freitag, 06.02.04 um 13:39 Uhr schrieb Alexandre Courbot:

Not sure what is happening. If you edit po/Makefile and add
wastesege.pot to POFILES, the file should be generated. Didn't work
here, as I only have gettext 10.4 on the iBook. Maybe I can try to get
a newer version running.

Mmmm. Maybe gettext changed it's way to generate the .pot files.

Okay, I did the following and it worked:

Installed latest gettext (0.13), ran 'gettextize -f' and applied all the changes that were suggested afterwards. (I'll commit stuff, so you should be able to omit these steps). Then, after regenerating the configure script, wastesedge.pot was correctly created. I can even go to po/, rm wastesedge.pot and have it recreated by a simple make.

If the bugs are easy to fix, it might be worth to maintain 0.3. Otherwise, we shouldn't spend too much time on it anymore. Hasn't the event system heavily
changed from 0.3 to 0.4?

The interface will be different, but some of the internals will be re-used. If the bug is inside the internals, I'd like to fix it now. But it's not so easy to tell what is happening. It might be more a problem with the python schedules than with the event system itself. The new interface should ensure that the schedules will be more robust. So I guess I won't waste any time with it.