Re: [avr-chat] Can't Install avr-gcc in FreeBSD

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Can't Install avr-gcc in FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:57:12 +0200 (MET DST)

address@hidden (Joerg Wunsch) wrote:

>> Yes, but avr-libc is marked broken. It can be built by removing
>> BROKEN from the Makefile, then building without documentation.

> Curious, could you reproduce the brokenness?

After upgrading doxygen to 1.5.2, I can.  The strange thing, latex
exits with status 1 but no error message:

latex refman.tex
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
entering extended mode
(./refman.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman, b
ahasa, basque, bulgarian, catalan, croatian, czech, danish, dutch, esperanto, e
stonian, finnish, greek, icelandic, irish, italian, latin, magyar, norsk, polis
h, portuges, romanian, russian, serbian, slovak, slovene, spanish, swedish, tur
kish, ukrainian, nohyphenation, loaded.

gmake[4]: *** [refman.dvi] Error 1

....and the produced refman.dvi appears to be fine.

Ah, I guess herein lies the rub, refman.log contains:

! Package inputenc Error: Keyboard character used is undefined
(inputenc)                in inputencoding `utf8'.

Well, let's see whether this could really be fixed.  (It's the "µ"
from the "µs" mentioned there.)