Re: [avr-chat] Can't Install avr-gcc in FreeBSD

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Can't Install avr-gcc in FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:04:02 -0400

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:20:14 -0400, David Breeze <address@hidden> wrote:

Many of us have no choice, company policy dictates operating system and network software.

Yes, I'm in the same situation at work myself.

The computer administrator here told me, and I quote:
"Linux is nothing but a toy".  As he went on surfing
the Internet run by mostly non-Windows hardware...

Joy Mining Machinery

Even worse for you I see.  When I was at Joy in Franklin Pennsylvania,
our machine administrators where in the state of Wisconsin.
They decreed that only their officially sanctioned programs
would be on the machines.  Then removed the ones that were not,
which they did from Wisconsin.  They had no clue what the
compilers or any of that stuff was on our development machines,
so it was simply removed.  It took local management a couple of
days to get the people to leave our machines alone.  So we
had no tools, and somehow it was our fault that we were late
in delivering a project.  We did have good backups fortunately.

Tell Fabian 'Hello' for me if you ever bump into him via
phone or email, please.