Re: [avr-chat] Can't Install avr-gcc in FreeBSD

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Can't Install avr-gcc in FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:51:43 -0400

On Thursday 16 August 2007 10:12, Eric Weddington wrote:

> [Hmm. Bob, I never received your email directly, only via other's responses
> on the list.]

Did someone mark gmail address as spam?

> > > E: Yes, I agree, but all my users are on Windows...
> >
> > Have you ever asked them why?
>
> What? The many thousands of them? Over the last two years, IIRC, the average
> number of downloads of WinAVR has been around 800 *per day*.

29200 = 800 * 365 per year, * 2 = 584,000

AVRs in general are nice parts (never like non-orthogonal timers),
and it is great because it does work on platforms beside Windows,
but what are these almost 600,000, in two years, people using WinAVR
doing with it and the AVRs?  There are 800 people new to AVRs, or upgrading
WinAVR daily??

> BTW, Bob, I was happy to read your letter to the editor in Embedded Systems
> Design magazine ;-)

Cool.  Something else for the resume. :-)

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/