Re: [avr-chat] Can't Install avr-gcc in FreeBSD

From: Daniel O'Connor
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Can't Install avr-gcc in FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:18:35 +0930

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, 龙黎 wrote:
> hank you for the warmhearted replies.
>
> Yes, I have installed the binutils to the directory /usr/local/avr
>
> Then, I switched to /usr/ports/devel/avr-gcc, do:
> #make install clean
>
> I fail.
>
> So, I tried to install avr-gcc in manual mode.
> I still fail.
>
> Now, I am trying to install avr-gcc in "port" mode.
>
> Your tips are very useful, thank you again.
> I'll try my best!

Do it _all_ in the ports tree.

The ports system can't magically work out that you've installed
avr-binutils somewhere..

That said it should just install avr-binutils as a dependency, however
since you haven't supplied any error messages at all it's impossible to
say what the problem actually is..

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum