Re: [avr-chat] Re: GUI wrapper for avrdude

From: Juergen Harms
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Re: GUI wrapper for avrdude
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:06:59 +0200

My primary motive for starting my question has been precisely the "occasional user" scenario. I deal with it by inserting comment lines at conspicuous places in my code that contain avrdude command line calls for copy/pasting to a console (according to my mood: one, several - any combinations between stk, jtag, Stty, Stty1 ... - I know, I am exaggerating). I am still motivated to make progress on this issue and, now, see that it is not a purely personal fancy.

I have had a look at the sourcefourge avrdude gui project. To get a more precise opinion on it, I will need to install the program - not possible at present (away from home). Having a look at the code, I realise that the approach is totally different from what I had thought about, worth while to continue looking at both - I might end up with a prototype that illustrates what I had originally considered.

Juergen