Re: [avr-chat] Re: GUI wrapper for avrdude

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Re: GUI wrapper for avrdude
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:12:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Clemens Koller wrote:

> I have just another 'fuses' target in my makefile...
> And the fuse bits are documented with some examples there as well.
>
> Do, I don't see any great benefit from implementing this in C since
> I would expect the solution will be more complex and error prone.
> Hopefully I'm wrong.

>From another discussion, I think it is
desired to be able put everything in a
single file for distribution to customers.

At the moment, we can't put flash and EEPROM into a single hex file.
It wouldn't be hard to write a wrapper to feed an elf file to avrdude.
The wrapper would make any section with the right name a fuse section.
It would make any section with eeprom in its name an eeprom section.
It would relocate the lowest eeprom address to zero.
It would make the remaining loadable (IIRC) sections flash.
The wrapper wouldn't even have to know the magic addresses.
They would be inferable from the elf file.

--
Mike   address@hidden
"Horse guts never lie."  -- Cherek Bear-Shoulders