[avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313

Subject: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 07:22:08 +0200

Hello,

I have just bought a USBasp programmer [1] to program an ATMEL attiny2313
micro-controller [2].
I would like to use avrdude to program my micro-controller.

On [1] I can see the schematic of USBasp whereas in [2] I can see the schematic
of attiny2313.
But it is not enough because I can't guess how to link the 10 pins of USBasp
with the 20 pins of attiny2313.
I can see the VCC and the GND in each of them, so I can imagine that I must
link like this:

USBasp -> attiny2313
---
VCC (2) -> VCC (20)
GND (10) -> GND (10)
---

But I am not sure.
How to know what to do with the 8 other pins of USBasp ?

Thank you.
Best regards.

[1] http://www.fischl.de/usbasp/
[2] http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc2543S.pdf