Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313

From: Ormund Williams
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 09:39:45 -0400

On Fri, 2013-08-02 at 14:43 +0200, Andreas Graebe wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 02.08.2013, 08:23 -0400 schrieb Ormund Williams:
> >
> > >          Using Port                    : /dev/parport0
> >                                            ^
> > Problem is here----------------------------|
>
> I don't think so, here i get the same message for the port, even though
> there is no physical parallel port in my pc. I think it is a virtual
> one.

I don't have a usbasp so I tried it with the avrisp2, comparing the
messages I see that avrdude is not failing to communicate with the
avrisp.  I think you will need to hack a programmer from some ribbon
cable and a db-25 connector and find a machine with a parallel port so
you can update the usbasp.

Regards.

--
Ormund