Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313

From: Andreas Graebe
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:18:16 +0200

Am Freitag, den 02.08.2013, 09:53 +0200 schrieb YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List:

> avrdude: set SCK frequency to 16000 Hz
> avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp
> firmware update.

This warning shows, that your programmer cannot change the SPI
clockrate.

> avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
> avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
>          Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
>          this check.

Thats the point. Perhaps, the clock rate of you controller is too low.
Is there any jumper on your programmer to slow down the clock? My cheap
chinese programmer has a jumper called "speed".

If your Computer has got a parallel printer port, there is a solution to
build a programmer with nearly no parts. All you need is a sub-d-plug, a
piece of flat ribbon cable and a connector to your target system. (and a
soldering tool) Of course you have to inform avrdude about this
hardware. If needed, i will look for details, i used such a "programmer"
some time ago very successfully, before i used a computer without
parallel port.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards
Andreas Graebe