Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313

Subject: Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 23:14:12 +0200

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:18:16 +0200
Andreas Graebe <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 02.08.2013, 09:53 +0200 schrieb YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List:
> >
> > avrdude: set SCK frequency to 16000 Hz
> > avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp
> > firmware update.
>
> This warning shows, that your programmer cannot change the SPI
> clockrate.
>
> > avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
> > avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
> >          Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
> >          this check.
>
> Thats the point. Perhaps, the clock rate of you controller is too low.
> Is there any jumper on your programmer to slow down the clock? My cheap
> chinese programmer has a jumper called "speed".
>
> If your Computer has got a parallel printer port, there is a solution to
> build a programmer with nearly no parts. All you need is a sub-d-plug, a
> piece of flat ribbon cable and a connector to your target system. (and a
> soldering tool) Of course you have to inform avrdude about this
> hardware. If needed, i will look for details, i used such a "programmer"
> some time ago very successfully, before i used a computer without
> parallel port.
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards
> Andreas Graebe

There are no jumper on my programmer.
This is my programmer:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130950244805&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
There is no documentation with it.

My computer has not a parallel port, that's why I use a USBasp programmer.
Previously, on an other computer, I was able to program a micro-controller with
avrdude and a DAPA programmer I made myself.

A USB programmer is more difficult to use because it has a micro-controller
that contains a firmware that sometimes need to be updated.
My product can't be updated easily because I must break the box to access to
the programmer card.

Also, I hope I am not doing a mistake when I link my programmer to the
micro-controller.
As you can see on the picture, the cable has a colored part.
I consider that this is where the "1" pin is.
Maybe it's wrong.

Do you think it is correct ?