Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313

Subject: Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 08:44:06 +0200

In fact, I found.
The missing information are into an Atmel Application Note [1].
So I must link like this:
USBasp -> attiny2313
---
MOSI (1) -> PB5 (17)
VTG (2) -> VCC (20)
NC (3) -> not used
GND (4) -> GND (10)
RST (5) -> PA2 (1)
GND (6) -> GND (10)
SCK (7) -> PB7 (19)
GND (8) -> GND (10)
MISO (9) -> PB6 (18)
GND (10) -> GND (10)
---

But if I try to use avrdude, I got this:
$ avrdude -p t2313 -c usbasp -U flash:w:main.hex
avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware
update.
avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Do you see the problem ?

[1] http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc2521.pdf