Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313

From: Andreas Graebe
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 09:28:08 +0200

Am Freitag, den 02.08.2013, 08:53 +0200 schrieb YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List:

> Yes, in the datasheet we can see for example RST is on pin 1.
> But I was wondering how to know the corresponding pin in for the programmer.
> It seems to be the pin 5 if we watch this document [1].
> So, this problem is resolved now.
> But I am wondering now why avrdude output this message:
> $ avrdude -p t2313 -c usbasp -U flash:w:main.hex
> avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware
> update.
> avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
> avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
>          Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
>          this check.
>

> avrdude done.  Thank you.

Thats strange. Perhaps you need a firmware-update as mentioned.

What operating system do you use? What is the software version of
avrdude. I use avrdude: Version 5.11.1, it runs on linux, kernel
3.5.0-38 with no problems. Of course, you have to put the information
for usbasp (16c0:05dc) to /etc/udev/rules.d

Try to set the speed parameter (i. e. "-B 50") to slow down the
communication. What does avrdude show, when you call it with parameter
-v instead of your own program:

avrdude -p t2313 -c usbasp -B 50 -v &> dude.txt

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards
Andreas Graebe