cameleon-dev

Re: [cameleon-dev] delayed mail

From: Debian User
Subject: Re: [cameleon-dev] delayed mail
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 07:21:42 +0200

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 06:11:13PM -0400, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> * Sylvain LE GALL (address@hidden) wrote:
> >
> > I have the following output of ocamlfind list :
> >
> > findlib: [WARNING] cannot read directory /home/gildor/i386/lib/ocaml/:
> > No such f
> > ile or directory
> > findlib: [WARNING] package lablgtkgl requires package lablgl: not found
> > findlib: [WARNING] package zoggy requires package configwin: not found
> > findlib: [WARNING] package lablgtkgl2 requires package lablgl: not found
> > bigarray            (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
> > camlp4              (version: Camlp4 version 3.06)
> > dbm                 (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
> > dynlink             (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
> > findlib             (version: 0.8)
> > graphics            (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
> > lablgtk             (version: 1.2.5)
> > lablgtk2            (version: 1.3.0)
> > lablgtkgl           (version: 1.2.5)
> > lablgtkgl2          (version: 1.3.0)
> > labltk              (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
> > num                 (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
> > stdlib              (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
> > str                 (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
> > threads             (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
> > unix                (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
> > zoggy               (version: 1.2)
> >
> > Has findlib.conf a line which point to lablgtk installation dir ?
>
> I do not have a findlib.conf file. I have a META file in the lablgtk dir
> (that seems to be provided by the lablgtk distrib), but I do not know
> how to make findlib cleanly install lablgtk (as there is no mention of
> ocamlfind in the Makefile of lablgtk).
>
> Alan

To cleanly install something with ocamlfind :
$ ocamlfind install mon_package [les fichiers de mon package]

But when it is more complex ( when there is a lot of file ), you can
just copy the whole library to a lablgtk dir in your current ocaml
library location :
- assume that /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/ is your current library location ( as
  stated by ocamlc -where )
- copy all *.cma, *.cmxa, *.a, *.cmi, META to
  /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/lablgtk

If you want the exact layout, try to go to pacakage.debian.org, find
liblablgtk-ocaml-dev, and click "list of files", it gives you all the
file installed...

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL