cameleon-dev

Re: [cameleon-dev] delayed mail

From: Sylvain LE GALL
Subject: Re: [cameleon-dev] delayed mail
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 19:08:01 +0200

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 08:05:28AM -0400, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> * Debian User (address@hidden) wrote:
> >
> > To cleanly install something with ocamlfind :
> > $ ocamlfind install mon_package [les fichiers de mon package]
> >
> > But when it is more complex ( when there is a lot of file ), you can
> > just copy the whole library to a lablgtk dir in your current ocaml
> > library location :
> > - assume that /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/ is your current library location ( as
> >   stated by ocamlc -where )
> > - copy all *.cma, *.cmxa, *.a, *.cmi, META to
> >   /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/lablgtk
>
> What I did was:
>
> address@hidden:/usr/src/ocaml/lablgtk> sudo mkdir
> /usr/local/lib/ocaml/site-lib/lablgtk
> address@hidden:/usr/src/ocaml/lablgtk> sudo cp META
> /usr/local/lib/ocaml/site-lib/lablgtk
>
> using your META file.
>
> Now the problem is later:
>
> ocamlfind ocamlopt  -o mlchat  \
>  -package "unix str threads lablgtk options okey configwin" -predicates "mt"
> -thread \
>  -linkpkg chat_messages.cmx chat_misc.cmx chat_proto.cmx chat_types.cmx
> chat_options.cmx chat_config.cmx chat_args.cmx chat_global.cmx chat_file.cmx
> chat_com.cmx chat_icons.cmx chat_gui_base.cmx chat_gui.cmx chat_app.cmx
> chat_main.cmx
> No implementations provided for the following modules:
>   Mutex referenced from /usr/local/lib/ocaml/lablgtk/gtkThread.cmx
>   Condition referenced from /usr/local/lib/ocaml/lablgtk/gtkThread.cmx
>   Thread referenced from /usr/local/lib/ocaml/lablgtk/gtkThread.cmx,
>     chat_file.cmx, chat_com.cmx, chat_app.cmx
>
> which is not surprising since:
>
> address@hidden:/usr/src/ocaml/findlib-0.8.1> cat
> /usr/local/lib/ocaml/site-lib/unix/META
> # Specifications for the "unix" library:
> requires = ""
> version = "[distributed with Ocaml]"
> directory = "^"
> browse_interfaces = "Unix"
> archive(byte) = "unix.cma"
> archive(native) = "unix.cmxa"
> # Use the special unix.cma for bytecode threads:
> archive(byte,mt) = "threads/unix.cma"
>
> There is no definition for archive(native,mt).
>
> (in fact, this META seems wrong as:
> address@hidden:/usr/src/ocaml/findlib-0.8.1> ls /usr/local/lib/ocaml/threads
> condition.cmi  condition.cmx  event.cmi  event.cmx  mutex.cmi  mutex.cmx
> thread.cmi  thread.cmx  threads.a  threads.cma  threads.cmxa  threadUnix.cmi
> threadUnix.cmx
>
> I don't see a unix.cma).
>
> What version of findlib are you using ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan

Hello,

I think your problem is now at threads/META level ( and not unix ).
Regarding your output, the META of threads is at the right place (
otherwise you'll be warned for it ). Just check the location of the
threads.cmxa, threads.cmx etc and give me the META of threads.

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL

ps : i attached thread's and unixes' META
pps : thank you very much for ICalendar, i will take a look at it ASAP.