Re: make dist fixes

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: make dist fixes
Date: 09 Feb 2002 04:25:02 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 03:51, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Mark> That (and the example) seems to make sense. But it also means
> Mark> that we don't have one bug in jikes, but two bugs, one in ORP
> Mark> and one in gcj byte code generation. Sigh.
>
> If you have the time, would you mind constructing a test case so we
> can see if gij also has the runtime bug?  I'd appreciate that.

Simple tests don't show the bug with either orp or gij (it must be
something special about gnu/java/io/encode/Encoder8859_* (the workaround
that Eric posted does work though). But the following Test which fails
with orp seems to succeed with gij.

public class Test
{
  public static void main(String[] args)
  {
    new gnu.java.io.encode.Encoder8859_1(null);
  }
}

A quick look in interpret.cc and resolve.cc also seems to suggest to me
that gij is doing the correct thing.

Cheers,

Mark