Re: Preparing for 0.06 release

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Preparing for 0.06 release
Date: 15 Aug 2003 19:09:49 +0200

Hi,

Small update. I am not going to make it with 0.06 today.
I am still fighting to create a working gjdoc. I have it compiled now
with gcj, gnujaxp and libxmlj. But while running it always gives the
attached output. Also I think that the DecoderUTF8 patch should go in,
but I haven't created a test case for it yet. And the GNUAXP import
seems to not really work correctly when doing a make from a make dist
tarbal.

All other items on the list below aren't that important for 0.06 I
think. Will get out for a while now and try to finish it up tomorrow. In
the meantime you can play with a new test release:
http://www.klomp.org/mark/classpath/classpath-0.06-test2.tar.gz

- More bugs...

  3207  API installation fails, argument list too long
  Postponed? Brian suggests:
  Would 'find ... | cpio' fix the problem since the args are piped into
  cpio instead of expanded on the command line...?

  3872  Extra optional Exceptions thrown in e.g. List.remove(Object) since 1.4
  Postponed?

  4118  java.text.RuleBasedCollator is incompleted
  Unanalyzed. (But Guilhem is working on java.text for importing into kaffe.)

  4120  Locale collation rules incorrect (or missing)
  Unalalyzed. (But see above.)

  4357  HTTP Request Headers should be handled Case Sensitive
  Unanalyzed.

  4477  PrintWriter.checkError() gives wrong result sometimes
  Seems to work for us, but libgcj is wrong. Strange, analyzis seems to
  indicate that this should also be a problem for us...

  4741  java.util.GregorianCalendar returns 0 for the first week of the month
  Unanalyzed.

  4742  java.io.StreamTokenizer behaves differently from Sun's implementation
  Unanalyzed.

- Tech support requests

  100979        post class files
  Would be nice.

- Patches

  1823  errors in gnu/java/io/DecoderUTF8
  Seems necessary, but don't have a test case yet.

- VM interface rewrite.

  - VMThread.
  Postponed.

  - VMSecurityManager
  Postponed.

- Import new external libraries
  - GNU-JAXP (Imported, does it work/get included in dist?)

- make dist.
Now creates a nice tar ball that can then be used to just
./configure && make && make install.

- make distcheck.
Would be nice to be distcheck clean, but currently we have lots of files
left after a make clean (mainly lib/*/ .class files).

- gjdoc
Played with it a bit and almost have it working, but gjdoc from CVS doesn't
build out of the box for me. I have to add the GNUJAXP sources, play with
resource paths a bit. Now still have to add a xml.transformer. The Debian
package from unstable is broken. Have it build now with gcj, libxml and
gnujaxp, but it doesn't work correctly :{

- .so files
Make install doesn't create .so files for me.
SOLVED. Downgrade to libtool 1.4.3 (and updated HACKING document).

- tar balls
  - Create tests
  - Where to host? (alpha.gnu.org)

- NEWS file
  DONE - Updated with some new info. Could be more extended.

- Announcement
  - Write
  - When to announce?
  - Where to announce?

- Bumb version number and tag tree just before final tar ball.

Cheers,

Mark
Constructing Javadoc information...
Resolving references in classes...
Resolving references in packages...
Resolving references in class comments...
Resolving references in package comments...
Running doclet...
Writing XML Index file...
Writing XML information for java.util.jar.JarEntry...
Writing XML information for java.util.jar.JarException...
Writing XML information for java.util.jar.JarFile...
Writing XML information for java.util.jar.JarInputStream...
Writing XML information for java.util.jar.JarOutputStream...
Writing XML information for java.util.jar.Manifest...
Writing XML information for java.util.jar.Attributes...
Writing XML information for java.util.jar.Attributes.Name...
WARNING: In java.util.jar.Attributes.Name: Inserting </li>
WARNING: In java.util.jar.Attributes.Name: Inserting </li>
WARNING: In java.util.jar.Attributes.Name: Inserting '</li>
WARNING: In java.util.jar.Attributes.Name.EXTENSION_LIST: Inserting </li>
WARNING: In java.util.jar.Attributes.Name.EXTENSION_LIST: Inserting </li>
WARNING: In java.util.jar.Attributes.Name.EXTENSION_LIST: Inserting </li>
WARNING: In java.util.jar.Attributes.Name.EXTENSION_LIST: Inserting </li>
WARNING: In java.util.jar.Attributes.Name.EXTENSION_LIST: Inserting '</li>
   at gnu.xml.dom.DomNode.item(int) (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.dom.DomNode.getLastChild() (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.pipeline.DomConsumer$Handler.characters(char[], int, int)
(Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.aelfred2.SAXDriver.charData(char[], int, int) (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.parseCharData() (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.parseContent() (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.parseElement(boolean) (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.parseContent() (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.parseElement(boolean) (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.parseDocument() (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.doParse(java.lang.String, java.lang.String,
java.io.Reader, java.io.InputStream, java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.aelfred2.SAXDriver.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource) (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlReader.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource) (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.xml.dom.JAXPFactory$JAXPBuilder.parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource)
(Unknown Source)
   at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(java.io.InputStream) (Unknown
Source)
   at
gnu.classpath.tools.doclets.xmldoclet.doctranslet.DocTranslet.getOutputFileList(java.net.URL,
 java.io.File) (Unknown Source)
   at
gnu.classpath.tools.doclets.xmldoclet.doctranslet.DocTranslet.apply(java.io.File,
 java.io.File, com.sun.javadoc.DocErrorReporter) (Unknown Source)
   at
gnu.classpath.tools.doclets.xmldoclet.Driver.instanceStart(com.sun.javadoc.RootDoc)
 (Unknown Source)
   at
gnu.classpath.tools.doclets.xmldoclet.Driver.start(gnu.classpath.tools.gjdoc.TemporaryStore)
 (Unknown Source)
   at _Jv_CallAnyMethodA(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Class, _Jv_Method,
boolean, java.lang.Class[], jvalue, jvalue) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
   at _Jv_CallAnyMethodA(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Class, _Jv_Method,
boolean, java.lang.Class[], java.lang.Object[]) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object[])
(/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
   at gnu.classpath.tools.gjdoc.Main.startDoclet(java.util.List) (Unknown
Source)
   at gnu.classpath.tools.gjdoc.Main.start(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.classpath.tools.gjdoc.Main.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
ERROR: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
Done.
8 warnings