Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] Consensus on the aims of this group

From: Simon Hirscher
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] Consensus on the aims of this group
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 02:18:14 +0100

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Andreas Kuckartz <address@hidden> wrote:
>> These four requirements make it such that any discussion of "improvements" of
>> the general situation that does not fulfil them should be seen as out of
>> scope for this group of people.
>
> I wonder if all the participants agree with _that_ interpretation. I
> guess that I would have been surprised by it...

As stated in my other post to this thread, yes, I agree with that
interpretation.

> But it is unlikely that I would have agreed that improvements of subsets
> of this set of items are out of scope.
> […]
> That meeting decided what is in scope for the GNU/consensus and the
> Social Swarm mailing lists? Really?

I can't speak for GNU/consensus because I don't know who is part of it
but regarding this mailing list I've seen almost every person that's
been active here in Berlin. So let's wait for their answer regarding
the interpretation of the meeting's results.

On a different note, and this is just my opinion and might not be the
consensus from the meeting (although I think we scratched this topic):
How many different projects do you want the SocialSwarm initiative to
"focus" on? Everyone's got a day job and is only doing this in his or
her free time. Also taking into account that we're not exactly
hundreds of people here to begin with, I say: Let's focus on one thing
– on getting this right, on fulfilling all 4 points. Why? Because no
one else is doing this. In contrast, there are already *hundreds* of
projects out there working on improvements of approaches that only
fulfill subsets of those 4 items. So these projects are already taken
care of and certainly don't need an umbrella red tape enhancer
project.

> And I am beginning to wonder if what I see here is representative for
> the CCC...

What has that got to do with the Chaos Computer Club?