Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] Consensus on the aims of this group

From: Simon Hirscher
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] Consensus on the aims of this group
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 01:57:10 +0100

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Nick Jennings <address@hidden> wrote:
> I did participate in the meeting in Berlin in August as part of the unhosted
> movement, specifically Sockethub and remoteStorage. Although we did agree on
> those 4 points listed, there was no consensus on the conclusion being "throw
> it all out and start over".

No, and I don't think Carlo meant starting all over. He simply
repeated that our goal is to find, assemble or (if necessary) write
that piece or even stack of software that fulfills those 4
requirements. And that's what the workshops @30C3 are going to be
about, right?

> Although I think what Carlo is doing is
> interesting and has a lot of potential, I think there are still many things
> to be done to improve privacy and improve or create new paradigms for the
> responsibility of developing for the web, and expectations of users.

Yes, there definitely are. And there're certainly several approaches
(like unhosted) that don't contradict those 4 points so we'll
eventually might talk about how to combine them (as we already started
to do). But our first and primary goal really need to be those 4
points. I would have thought that we all agreed on this back in
Berlin?