Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] Map of Projects / Sessions at 30C3

From: Andreas Kuckartz
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] Map of Projects / Sessions at 30C3
Date: 17 Nov 2013 10:19:26 +0100

hellekin:
> *** I understand.  So I propose this discussion goes on to the
> Socialswarm mailing-list alone, and when we have something to
> announce, we can use the GNU consensus.  Otherwise, it mixes up
> the goals and means.

The exclusionary approach proposed by carlo von lynX also does not
seem to be aligned with the goals and means of Socialswarm:

"Oh no, not another social media project trying to save humanity?
That’s what we thought. There are plenty of people working on that
already. The only problem is: They are not working together.
That is why we want to build a platform to connect us all:
• users
• coders
• the different projects"

http://socialswarm.net/?lang=en

But my main question are the goals and means of the proposed 30C3
assembly. Maybe it makes sense to create an alternative, more open
proposal?

BTW: The proposal text created by carlo von lynX currently suggests:
"Contact us on ircs://psyced.org:6667/youbroketheinternet
Or join our #youbroketheinternet working group on RetroShare".

Maybe the discussion regarding the youbroketheinternet assembly
proposal should simply take place there? That would also help to ensure
that "legacy"-projects are kept out.

Cheers,
Andreas