Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] Consensus on the aims of this group

From: Melvin Carvalho
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] Consensus on the aims of this group
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 03:04:18 +0100

On 20 November 2013 02:58, Simon Hirscher <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 2:05 AM, Melvin Carvalho
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On 20 November 2013 01:57, Simon Hirscher <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> No, and I don't think Carlo meant starting all over. He simply
>> repeated that our goal is to find, assemble or (if necessary) write
>> that piece or even stack of software that fulfills those 4
>> requirements. And that's what the workshops @30C3 are going to be
>> about, right?
>

> Im curious as to how it is possible to have "self determined data storage",
> yet also preclude use of the web to store that data?

Is this question directed at me? Because I seem to miss what that
question has got to do with what I wrote or what we're discussing
here. Anyway, to give an answer: That is certainly possible by storing
that data on your very own or your friend's hdd, isn't it?

Not particularly directed at you, but it's directed at one of the "4 requirements"

Surely self determined means I get to *choose* where to store my data?  Not just that it's *possible* to store it ...