Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How does 'make check' find its dependencies?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How does 'make check' find its dependencies?
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:48:03 -0400

I'm still compiling the new SNV stuff, for the purposes of debugging the install procedure & updating my install guide ... I don't have commit access yet as far as I know, so I can't change anything if I do find issues.

OSX libraries are created with a specific directory location as an attribute. So not only does the library have to be in the correct place (the attribute location), but if it's a non-standard location then the environment variable "DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH " must be set with that path in mind (as well as other paths, potentially, to get the load path correct). Setting this variable will -really- screw things up, so don't do it on a global basis. OTOH, for a local check, it is possible to create libraries with a local (tmp) path in mind, set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to that location, then do the "check" part of "make check".

I don't know if GNU Radio does all this stuff or not. Last time I remember, "make check" failed under OSX for just this reason ... the dyld's couldn't be found.

If nobody else has a fix for this issue, then I'll add it to my queue ... at a low priority for now since it's simple enough to "make install" then "make check" instead of the reverse. - MLD