Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback

From: Thibaud Hottelier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:59:09 -0400

Brian Padalino wrote:

I have just refactored the code so that the fifos are out of the readers. I also added samples format handling (only 16 bits interleaved complex so far). I am looking forward to testing this; George told me he will be able to send usb packets on Tuesday.

Perfect.

Yes - please.  Because each channel is completely separate from each
other channel, we want to be able to start sending a packet through
the chain at any arbitrary time rather than start all of them at the
same time.

Moving the tx_strobe from the outer module into the
tx_chan_fifo_reader is a good idea - and for the future, we may even
want to be able to have different interpolation rates for each of the
channels - so the rate value should be fed into the tx_chan_fifo.
Later, we can make more registers for the different channel
interpolation rates.

To do that I will need to modify the master_control block, so I will make new master_control_inband. The strobe generators are cascaded in there, what's the point of this setup?

have_space, tx_empty and tx_underrun are no longer relevant, but they are still used by the FX2, right? Can I just force them to (true, false, false) all the time?

Brian

Thibaud