Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:21:43 -0400

Eric Blossom wrote:

Not very hard.
Awesome.

There is a loopback interface in the current FPGA code.  It's enabled
by writing to the FR_MODE register.  Grep the verilog for "loopback",
and look at fpga_regs_common.{h,v}
Thanks :D

We want to test out using the loopback eventually, and overall I'm wondering how much time from when I finish the test code to putting a packet on the interface so I can plan out this week. :)

I don't know.  When will you have the rest of the host code written?

Ahh that wasn't a question, it was me explaining my question. More like "when i finish the host code, since you know the interface to the USRP better than me, how long would it take me to interface to it?" Was asking so I can gauge how much time from when i finish the host code to actually putting them on the USRP so I can warn Thibaud to be ready.

I suggest that you treat this like it's "your project", not "Eric's
project".  I'm available to answer questions, respond to requests,
etc., but don't assume that the cavalry is coming ;)

Of course, I think you just misunderstood my wording :D

What's your next step?

Writing up some test code for my host code, starting on that now.

I'm working on mblock timeouts ;)

sweet

- George