Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback

From: Thibaud Hottelier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:53:02 -0400

Brian Padalino wrote:

I am not sure this is where the tx_strobe is supposed to occur.  I
think it's in whatever reads your individual channel FIFOs and feeds
the CIC filters (unless usb_chan_reader is the module, and is just
named very strangely).

Yes, it's this module. Any suggestion for a better name?

Basically wherever you do the compare to the current_time count to
figure out if the sample stream should start or not is where you need
to figure out the tx_strobing stuff.  I think we should have a strobe
for each complex channel, that way we can treat them independently
from each other on when they start sending data.

What do you think of this idea?

I have not really understood this strobing thing. From the current tx_buffer code, I understood that I can independently feed one sample per channel between each strobe. But you just said they were not independent so I am confused...

Brian

Thibaud