Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback

From: Thibaud Hottelier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:49:05 -0400

Hi,

I moved all my small testing blocks from ModelSim to the Quartus source tree. I am writing the glue code between the modules so we should have the basic Tx functionality working relatively soon. But before that, I would like to simulate to whole Tx block in ModelSim, so I need some information about how the tx_chains work.

A what rate should I send the samples to the tx_chains? Every 4 clock cycles? They seems to be controlled by tx_strobe, but I failed to understand what this signal actually mean.

What is the point of the bus_reset and the clear_status signal? They are both input to current tx_buffer.

As we report overrun/underrun in packet header, are we gonna get rid of the tx_empty, have_space and tx_underrun signal ?

Comments on the code I checked in are welcome...

Thibaud