Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:33:09 -0400

On 4/22/07, Thibaud Hottelier <address@hidden> wrote:
Brian Padalino wrote:

I have just refactored the code so that the fifos are out of the
readers. I also added samples format handling (only 16 bits interleaved
complex so far). I am looking forward to testing this; George told me he
will be able to send usb packets on Tuesday.

Sounds fun.  Are you sure you're ready for a live test?

To do that I will need to modify the master_control block, so I will
make new master_control_inband. The strobe generators are cascaded in
there, what's the point of this setup?

You don't need to do this.  Just don't connect up the tx_strobe -
doesn't that solve the problem?  You shouldn't necessarily have to
make a master_control_inband - just feed the rate register into the
module and generate it yourself.

have_space, tx_empty and tx_underrun are no longer relevant, but they
are still used by the FX2, right? Can I just force them to (true, false,
false) all the time?

I don't necessarily understand why those pins, especially the
have_space pin, are no longer relevant.  Could you explain this
please?

Brian