Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] packets to the usrp and loopback
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 18:22:16 -0400

On 4/21/07, Thibaud Hottelier <address@hidden> wrote:
Ok, I move the FIFOs outside next time I refactor this.

Perfect.

Yes, it makes much more sense. In the current design, the strobes are
generated by a separated block; would it be more logical to make the
strobes be generated by the tx_chan_fifo_reader, so they are generated
only when needed (i.e. when there are samples to feed into the transmit
chain)?

Yes - please.  Because each channel is completely separate from each
other channel, we want to be able to start sending a packet through
the chain at any arbitrary time rather than start all of them at the
same time.

Moving the tx_strobe from the outer module into the
tx_chan_fifo_reader is a good idea - and for the future, we may even
want to be able to have different interpolation rates for each of the
channels - so the rate value should be fed into the tx_chan_fifo.
Later, we can make more registers for the different channel
interpolation rates.

Brian