Re: Call to stop contributing

From: Umberto Cerrato
Subject: Re: Call to stop contributing
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 23:43:28 +0000

> Il giorno 28 mar 2021, alle ore 00:10, Gregory Casamento
> <greg.casamento@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>

> Umberto,
>
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 6:56 PM Umberto Cerrato <umbertocerrato@outlook.it>
> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> “Hurting the project” ahah. Are you serious?
>
> What is this supposed to mean? Say what you really think, don't be shy.  If
> you have something derogatory or sarcastic to say, then say it out, don't
> hide behind innuendo.

My bad, I added it later. I am sorry if that sounded provocative.
Anyway, I thought “how can a bounce of emails hurt a long lasting project?”.
Eventually to me people matter. Not projects, neither code and stuff.

> Anyway,
> I do want to spend some time to comment this.
>
> I think the person who came up with this issue did a good thing. It is very
> important to not focus just “on code”. We are not automata and it is instead
> very important to discuss each other (discuss-gnustep seems the right place
> to do it).
>
> Wrong. The purpose of this list is for discussions about GNUstep, not
> political hogwash.

If the issue is about GNU and the project is called “GNU”step, I think it does
matter. Not sure though. Anyway discussion should be welcomed I think. But I do
not know.

Best