Re: Call to stop contributing

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Call to stop contributing
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 17:36:04 -0400

Johannes,

I am not employing a double standard here as much as you would like to imply otherwise.

I utterly fail to see the parallel between me asking for a CoC to be considered and you posting an open letter calling for the removal of RMS from all leadership positions and for us to stop contributing to this project.  Equating the two discussions is absolutely ludicrous.

I am also the lead developer and I am principally responsible for this project.  It is within my duties to propose POLICY changes.

The CoC email was not political, but this one IS.  That is the difference here.

GC

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 4:48 PM Johannes Brakensiek <johannes@brakensiek.info> wrote:
Gregory,

On 26 Mar 2021, at 20:57, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> Johannes,
>
> As list moderator, I am obliged to inform you that political
> infighting is not what this list is meant for.  Kindly take any
> discussions regarding this matter off-list.   I am NOT censoring
> you, but this is simply not the proper forum to discuss this.
>
> Yours, GC

I may kindly remind you that you were the one bringing up that topic for
this list on 19th Dec 2020 via this mail:
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2020-12/msg00010.html

It seems quite interesting to me that your rules apply to my but not to
your mails.

Nonetheless I think I have stated my point of view and you yours and I
do not demand any further discussion at all.

Johannes

--
Gregory Casamento
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=352392 - Become a Patron