Re: Feature branches review please

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Feature branches review please
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 08:42:56 +0000

My point is that now that `(setq icomplete-separator "\n")' works (in most but not all cases), there is no need for the specific vertical-icomplete implementation anymore. What is (or could be) needed is an implementation that is "more correct" (correct in all cases).

I don't totally agree is the same than the branch.

The completion like "compi{compilation" with fido mode is still there, in the same line and is not intuitive; the ellipsis is not shown and the {} and [] are still there and hard coded. icomplete-prospects-height is not respected either because the number of candidates is still calculated with the window-width and adding the candidates length which actually makes no sense at all in vertical mode.

These are details, which AFAICS require only minor modifications to the existing code.