Re: Feature branches review please

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Feature branches review please
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 09:19:28 +0000

I am looking for preferrably built-in system that will have narrowing vertical incremental search, like built-in ivy or helm. Something that ido or icomplete could become. Until then I keep ivy as most simplest solution as I prefer package from GNU ELPA.

Again I'm not sure I understand what you want, but I think you should try (setq completion-styles (cons 'flex completion-styles)). With that setting you can narrow the candidates list with any character, you do not need to type the first characters.

You may see how dmenu which is separate program works under X Window system to launch files:

1.8M demo of dmenu program: https://gnu.support/images/2020/11/2020-11-05/2020-11-06-01:38:29.ogv

404 Not Found...