Re: Feature branches review please (ivy hello)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Feature branches review please (ivy hello)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 14:42:09 +0300

* Oleh Krehel <ohwoeowho@gmail.com> [2020-11-06 14:17]:
> Hi Jean Louis,
>
> > P.S. I am including author of Ivy Oleh Krehel with hope and proposal
> > to improve ivy with reverse order of words selections and hopefully to
> > include it in GNU Emacs.
>
> Ivy already has the option of reverse order matching:
>
> (setq ivy-re-builders-alist
>       '((t . ivy--regex-ignore-order)))
>
> It's not on by default, because the default setting, in my opinion,
> results in a faster match if you know what you're looking for.

I hope that it did not touch you. That is great that such function
exist. I did search with ivy with "ivy" and "match" as I was thinkin
it will be somewhere there.

Ivy is great, it is good replacement for Helm, as Helm is larger
package and I need it simpler. Especially I like cleaner user
interface, you know how Helm has minibuffer full of various
explanations for key bindings, but I do not find it helpful rather
confusing for end users.

That is great package and I am glad it is in GNU ELPA and this is what
I needed.

I have seen previous discussion about it entering main Emacs.

Question: Why not?