Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 16:42:12 +0000

I'd prefer to find a binding to which people could agree, because that would leave fewer people unhappy. The two candidates proposed till now are "C-x G" and "C-x M-u".

You forgot the proposal to which the mail you are replying to explicitly refers.

No, I didn't forget. I just prefer to solve a problem by the simplest fix, and introducing a whole new set of bindings seems more complex than strictly needed.

The proposal is only to use "C-x g r" for "revert-buffer" and C-x g R" for "revert-buffer-with-fine-grain", leaving room for other buffer-related operations. These bindings are also hard to type by accident.

The other proposed bindings are there only to demonstrate that the keymap would not remain empty.