Re: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 18:41:50 -0600

Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

> My problem is not the discussion itself, not even the final result; but
> that when it becomes a "discussion" nothing finally happens FWIS. Either
> if it is a general discussion like "modernizing emacs" or a very
> specific one like this.

I mean, sure.  Please help by sending patches, and more will get done.

FWIW, I'm working in silence on an improved splash screen, but since I
do this in my spare time I tend to work on what strikes my fancy for the
day, and progress is consequently fairly slow.  I have some other
project ideas from the "modernizing Emacs" discussion, but again only
limited time.

> IMHO, I would prefer that after a deadline you make a decision (even if
> it is the opposite to what I expect) and close it. Otherwise it becomes
> a never ending collections of emails with no final results...

I guess there is nothing to make a final decision about unless someone
threatens with a patch.  Please do that more.  :-)