Emacs as an XLIFF editor

From: Kevin Vigouroux
Subject: Emacs as an XLIFF editor
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 15:29:36 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary <lists@traduction-libre.org> writes:

>> On Sep 28, 2021, at 17:10, Kevin Vigouroux via Emacs development
>> discussions. <emacs-devel@gnu.org> wrote:

>>> Is there other free software that can do this?
>>> Emacs could invoke it in a subprocess.
>>
>> LemMinX [1] is released under the Eclipse Public License 2.0. It
>> depends on Eclipse LSP4J (license EPL 2.0 [2]). This LSP server
>> is used by an Emacs LSP mode (lsp-mode).
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/eclipse/lemminx/blob/master/LICENSE
>> [2] https://github.com/eclipse/lsp4j/blob/main/LICENSE
>
> All the applications from Maxprograms are Eclipse 1.0 licensed.  The
> developer is the editor of the current XLIFF standard (2.2), along
> with being a top class expert in the localization area.
>
> https://maxprograms.com/products/index.html

Yes, but the idea is to be able to parse the sources of the programming
languages supported by Emacs. I don't know if it's possible, but then,
from the parsing, build the XLIFF file.

The final goal is to design a translation application inside Emacs. In
this case, Emacs should also edit the XLIFF file. OpenXLIFF Filters
can’t do that [1].

[1] https://maxprograms.com/products/openxliff.html
--
Best regards,