RE: [FR-devel] FYI -- KDE Icons

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] FYI -- KDE Icons
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 06:44:26 -0800

address@hidden wrote:
> > Another point that came to my mind is that we have not yet
> decided about
> > the GUI toolkit(s) we are going to use, except may be FOX to
> start with.
> > Whatever GUI toolkit we decide to use it is very likely to come with a
> > set of predefined icons I guess.
>
> Maybe I am coming a little later in the game. So FreeRIDE is
> going to have an
> L&F for not only every platform it runs on but for every window
> manager as well?
>
> Is that correct?

No, I wouldn't say that.

I would want that the general look and behavior of UI widgets conform to the
expectations of each platform. But the icons that we choose (and perhaps
other visual adornments) should be decidedly "FreeRIDE" (whatever that ends
up being), and should be the same on all platforms.

Curt