Re: [FR-devel] FYI -- KDE Icons (tree structure)

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] FYI -- KDE Icons (tree structure)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:31:54 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

Another point that came to my mind is that we have not yet decided about the GUI toolkit(s) we are going to use, except may be FOX to start with. Whatever GUI toolkit we decide to use it is very likely to come with a set of predefined icons I guess.

Maybe I am coming a little later in the game. So FreeRIDE is going to have an L&F for not only every platform it runs on but for every window manager as well?

Is that correct?

Bob

Bob,

I did not mean to push back on your idea of using the KDE Slick Icon set. They are noce icons and it is definitely a good idea to use them.

My concern was just that given the early stage of the project it would probably be a better to add the icons in the CVS repo as we need them rather than cluttering the CVS repo with hundreds of icons. So What I'm saying is add the icons you need when you need them.

As to the right place for this may be it would be better to create a separate "themes" top directory with an "icons" subdir in it. In this "icons" subdir we'd create one subdir per icon set (e.g Slick_Ikons) where we would store the icons we use. The reason I want to create an "icons" subdir is because may be one day we'll have a "sounds" subdir next to it.

And I definitely support the idea of Horacio to have that configured in the property file like

<iconset default="yes" name="Gnome"  path="./themes/icons/gnome" />
<iconset name="KDE"  path="./themes/icons/kde_slick_icons" />
<iconset name="Windows"  path="./themes/icons/win" />
<iconset name="Mac Acqua"  path="./themes/icons/mac" />
<iconset name="Motif"  path="./themes/icons/motif" />

What do you all think about this idea? If everybody likes it I'll go and create the new directories in the CVS repo.

Laurent