Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS web site

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS web site
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:00:34 +0100

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 12:39:07PM +0100, Andrew Savory wrote:
> > Andrew Savory <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > >   Can we please change "Freedom 0", "Freedom 1" etc to use normal
> > >  'man on the street' numbering? (ie, start from 1.)
> >
> > Please start this in another thread.  It's not related to the
> > conference. I believe the numbering is inherited from FSF.
>
> Can we please change the numbering? To the average person who counts from
> 1, the use of "0,1,2,3" looks odd at best.

Not sure, why the FSF decided to number from 0, but as these numbers are
freqeuntly used when refering to the freedoms, we'd probably create some
confusion by changing it. The only compromise I could see, would be to drop
the numbers entirely or to explain, that programmers start arrays at element
0 and not 1.

Bye,
Marc

email: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden