Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership/Recruitment

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership/Recruitment
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 20:28:08 +0100

The IGs are probably a good idea at this stage
(the size AFFS has reached).

IGs?  Serious point -- we look like being overrun by acronyms (several I
don't know), and that will /really/ put off a load of people.  Yes, I
know the government does it as well -- and no one takes them seriously
either...

Yes very true.

AFFSED, AFFSEN, EdIG etc should be only for the backend (for all of us who want more acronyms :-)

Extreme care should be taken to not scare away the newcomer.
Mailman footers to the language being used should be self explanatory.

I know this very well as I always fail in these aspects of user friendliness.

IG == Interest Group ; SIG == Special Interest Group

Regards,

Ramanan