Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership/Recruitment

From: ian
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership/Recruitment
Date: 28 May 2003 10:34:06 +0100

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 09:28, Richard Smedley wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 08:55, Chris Croughton wrote:
> > > How do you reach them specifically, then?
> > Good point (and good debating technique, throw the question back <g>).
> > I would say off the top of my head:
> >   *  'Adverts' in Linux magazines (Linux Format etc.).
> [snip]
> > The first one may be expensive, and will again only reach a subset who
> > read the mags.
>
> True, it's only a subset - however GNU/Linux
> magazines have been known to publish community
> supported advertisements upon occasion, and it's
> certainly a point that we will pursue.

Might also be possible to get into education journals. I have quite a
lot of contacts in education networks so that is also a possibility but
need to know precisely what the proposition is before taking that
forward.

> Another avenue is articles on the AFFS and its
> work. Particularly at this stage, as we are
> growing and becoming more active, there is much
> of interest to write about.

If you want anything on education, let me know and I'll do something.
Plenty of options to cover things like government policy on social
inclusion and the environment and why they should be putting money into
free software to further their own policies!

--
ian <address@hidden>