Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership/Recruitment

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership/Recruitment
Date: 27 May 2003 20:55:51 +0100

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 20:28, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> AFFSED, AFFSEN, EdIG etc should be only for the backend (for all of us
> who want more acronyms :-)

I think they're only being used in this context as a shorthand - I think
they have all been defined previously in the thread(?).

Certainly, we wouldn't use language like that on the web pages (unless -
again - previously defined). AFFSED, AFFSEN, EdIG, etc., all refer to
the same thing pretty much in this case - so there's very little
likelihood of them all confusing people, because only one is going to
get used (EdIG, IIRC?).

Feel free to pull us up on language like that 'in public', definitely.

Cheers,

Alex.