Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership/Recruitment

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership/Recruitment
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:40:02 +0100

ian wrote:

If you want anything on education, let me know and I'll do something.
Plenty of options to cover things like government policy on social
inclusion and the environment
What would be helpful for me is to know where exactly such government policies concerning *adult* IT literacy and social inclusion is.

Do you mean 'social environment' (ie, as in sharing cooperative happy ...) or environment as in green trees and congestion charge.?
Either way I am very interested to get together on this aspect of IT too.

Once there was [www.becta.org,uk] with 'ITfor all' splashed across it. Now they seem to concentrate on schools and few other established methods.

I suspect that there is a huge amount of disgruntled populace out there, who were once taught how to use of products from Macromedia and Adobe under various schemes but still unable to meet their daily software needs.

and why they should be putting money into
free software to further their own policies!

or atleast stop getting behind unsustainable IT solutions which only breeds scams!

Also, I do want to get back at some local people who laughed at me then, when I talked about free software.

Best wishes,

Ramanan