Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership/Recruitment

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Membership/Recruitment
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:51:11 -0000

Chris Croughton <address@hidden> wrote:
>   *  'Adverts' in Linux magazines (Linux Format etc.).
>   *  Getting plugs in online Linux distribution newsletters (Debian, for
>      instance, does a weekly newsletter, I don't know whether any of the
>      other distros do).
>   *  Getting webmasters[1] of distro sites to put links to AFFS on their
>      site pages, like they do with the FSF links.
>   *  Getting it mentioned in Linux newsgroups (that's how I got here,
>      but I don't think I've seen any mentions since).

Should any of these be the responsibility of an interest group, rather
than AFFS as a whole?  User groups are rather different, as there are a
lot of them and you normally have to have people interacting with them
to really reach them.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."