Re: [glob2-devel] scripting language

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scripting language
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:08:44 +0200

> SGSL is really nice for glob2, that wasn't the reason why I was
> contemplating replacing it with something else, what I wanted to do is have
> a complete script engine for every aspect of the game, and try and move ALL
> the game logic to a script engine, that is why I was thinking about LUA as
> it is EXTREMELY easy to implement for glob2, it would require a lot of code
> changes, but it could very well make all the other ideas on the roadmap a
> lot easier to do.

Replacing the whole game logic with scripting is tricky from the performance
point of view. Furthermore, that's a very big job, but if someone wants to do
it, that's ok. Again, as for the GA stuff, I don't see this work on the main
branch of glob2 for now, although I think such a projet could live in glob2's
repository beside glob2.
Anyway, a clear profiling result should be analysed before attempting such an
endeavour, just to know if it is realistic or not. I know that war3 does it,
but we have 10 times the number of units present in war3.

http://nct.ysagoon.com