Re: [glob2-devel] New gameplay element idea

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New gameplay element idea
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 19:20:36 +0000

I have two big questions about this idea really:

First, when would you plan to include it?  If we're trying to move the
1.0 branch towards a beta stage, a big gameplay (and architecture)
change would be quite hard to deal with.  The 1.1 branch is currently
aiming at having no significant gameplay changes, so that would be
tricky too.

Second, I'm always a bit skeptical of adding new buildings/units rather
than working on old ones.  Why not roll these ideas into markets?
Markets are essentially useless for their stated purpose at the moment,
as it's no easier to use a market than it is to go directly to the
resources it's fed by.  By allowing resources or even globs to be
transported between markets, we make them much more interesting.

        - Andrew