Re: [glob2-devel] Cheap trick :p

From: Matthew Marshall
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Cheap trick :p
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:25:38 -0300

On Sunday 22 January 2006 22:28, Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> On 1/22/06, Matthew Marshall <address@hidden> wrote:
> > It might be annoying for you, but for the guy doing it, it's a blast!!  I
> > remember making maps specifically with this sort of thing in mind.  :)

> So that entire maps strategy is about getting towers onto your walls
> so that you have a base to build in?

Not quite.  The two bases were simply separated by stone (as you mention) so
that you simply had a little less space if you lost the race.  And, it seems
like I remember winning despite losing the space :)

> I think the game shouldn't allow
> such cheap, quick and easy ways to gain an advantage, although its not
> all up to me.

"game shouldn't allow"

I disagree here.  IMHO, the game should allow flexibility and variety in the
maps.  As it is now, you can classify the maps two ways in this respect: maps
that allow this 'cheap trick' and maps that don't.  If the game would not
allow things like this, you suddenly limit the variety.  Thus, you limit
replayability.

MWM